Sennheiser e835 Vs Shure SM57: Complete Comparison
Making a choice between Shure SM57 and Sennheiser e835 can be very tough as both of them cost almost equal. Both being dynamic microphones Shure SM57 is meant to be a microphone for instruments. Shure SM57 and Sennheiser e835 perform equally well which accounts for their high popularity and are affordable as well. This article helps readers make an informed decision before making a purchase.
Design and Feature
Both Shure SM57 as well as Sennheiser e835 are versatile microphones perfect for many reasons, with ruggedness and durability the reason being there are very few movable parts in dynamic microphones. They can be handled very roughly. Dynamic mics has a warm quality of audio and can easily handle inputs of high levels.
The cardioid polar pattern present in both Shure SM57 and Sennheiser e835 makes them receptive to sounds coming from a source in front only, and in turn cancelling sounds from all other directions, because their pick-up angle faces the front side only with slight inclination to the sides. This makes a Cardioid mic the best choice for those who want the result focused only on the main source of the sound and cancellation of unwanted background noises.
Shure SM57 and Sennheiser e835 are both constructed with metal that makes them sturdy and durable. A coil that compensates hum is present in Sennheiser e835 that cancels handling audio, on the other hand Shure SM57 cancels them using a shock mount system that is pneumatic.
Performance and Output Quality
Both Shure SM57 as well as Sennheiser e835 are excellent models that efficiently receive and emit audio. But, Sennheiser e835 is a better product than Shure SM57 as it responds to a wider range of frequencies from 40 Hz to 16 kHz whereas the latter ranges from 40 Hz to 15kHz.
Thus the peak of high-frequency is higher in case of Sennheiser e835, and useful to be used on stage so that it can distinguish the mid notes from the high notes efficiently and the quality of the output is thus fantastic.
The audio quality of Sennheiser e835 is warmer and more clear compared to that of Shure SM57 with better threefold performance, Shure SM57 is not good with giving cracks on snares whereas Sennheiser e835 aces this job as well.
Sennheiser e835 Vs Shure SM57 Amazon specs
Item Weight 11.6 ounces
Product Dimensions 7 x 3 x 3 inches
Features & details
- Gentle presence boost to even tonal response ensures clarity and projection
- Minimal Proximity effect provides consistently clear bass end performance when singing closer to or further from capsule
- Cardioid pick-up pattern provides good signal isolation and feedback rejection, enabling higher sound levels to be obtained
- Metal construction and internal shock-mount system minimizes handling noise
- Frequency response 40-16,000 Hz, Impedence 350 Ohms
Sennheiser e835 has a good sound quality. It can work in all instruments and rejects background noise completely. It has a cardioid pickup pattern.
- It has a Cardioid pickup pattern
- Efficiently cancels background noises and rejects feedback
- Boosting the presence of sound powerfully.
- Item Weight 10 ounces
- Product Dimensions 10.3 x 4.9 x 3.4 inches
Features & details
- Contoured frequency response is clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, precussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main source while reducing background noise
- Extremely durable under heaviest use. Frequency response 40 to 15,000 Hz
Connectivity: Wired. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for the Installation.
The frequency response rate for Shure SM57 is 40-15000 Hz. Even in heavy use the mic is durable. The background noise is removed and reduced and focuses on the main sound coming from the front with the help of cardioid pickup pattern.
- Its pickup pattern is Uniform Cardioid type that helps in recognition of the source of the sound and reduces all the unwanted noices in the background.
- Highly durable even when used heavily.
- Responds to frequencies ranging from 40 Hz to 15000 Hz
Sennheiser e835 Vs Shure SM57 – Which is Better?
Overall, Sennheiser e835 is a better choice among the two, as it reproduces audio with better clarity and is compatible with a wide range of vocals and musical instruments whereas Shure SM57 providing accurate and detailed results, responds to very small range of frequencies that makes it unsuitable for many musical instruments.