Various multiple purpose mics have been launched by Blue, which offer a wide range of options that might be difficult to select from. This following article compares Blue Spark and Blue Yeti against each other so that you get an idea of the mic that is best for your budget. Here you will get various information you need about both the mics including the features, connections used and the model that you can use for various instruments and recording purposes.
The article provides details about:
– The characteristics and advantages offered by Blue Spark compared to Blue Yeti.
– the type of connections both the mics use, and
– The most favourable model, best for musical as well as professional recording.
Both the models have a different design. Blue Spark does not look so good but you can’t call it unattractive. It has a small grille and a slim body. The mic is surely portable and you can carry it about very easily even while you are traveling. You may need the shock mount for mounting it.
As compared to this, Blue Yeti is better looking and easy to carry that makes it fit for interview purposes and vlogs. It has a compact and light body structure with a stand connected to it. It works great on all surfaces, and the size of the mic can be altered according to the stand to suit your purpose.
Blue Spark works on XLR connection unlike Blue Yeti that works on USB connection, which is the major difference between the two, on which your final decision depends. For a recording session or music, Blue Spark is definitely the better option that needs a threshold of +48V phantom power. It has to be linked to your computer using interface audio utilization.
If you are looking for a basic mic option that easily connects to your PC, Blue Yeti is one for you as its mic is powered by USB and plays immediately after plugging in. It can be carried along with your device for on-spot recordings.
Features and Sound Quality
Blue Spark is meant to be used in professional settings, and does not offer a lot of trending features. Its pattern is cardioid polar along with a filter of frequency 100Hz low-cut and a pad of -20dB. Great noise reduction and improvement in quality is brought by the low-cut filter, and for high amplitude sounds, pre-attenuation pad is useful
Blue Spark is capable of handling a wide range of instruments with a SPL handling of upper limit 136dB. It records sound with high accuracy level and clarity and provides great quality.
Opposing this, Blue Yeti has a variety of uses, especially for vlogging and streaming. It claims to be working with four polar patterns that are interchangeable namely : stereo, bidirectional, cardioid and omnidirectional. It also comes with a gain control that can be adjusted and headphone yield of zero-latency. Its upper limit is merely 120dB that offers good quality of audio but not as good as compared to that of Spark.
Blue Spark Vs Blue Yeti Amazon specs
- Item Weight 11.5 ounces
- Product Dimensions 1.77 x 1.77 x 8.68 inches
Features & details
- Custom Blue Condenser Capsule – Delivers Blue’s legendary broadcast sound quality with depth and clarity
- Detailed, Transparent Sound – Spark SL excels in focused, transparent sound with superb detail
- XLR Connection – Perfect for computer audio interfaces and mixers
- High-pass Filter – Increases clarity, reducing rumble from your room or desk
- -20dB PAD – Keeps your stream free of distortion when things get intense
- Precise Cardioid Pattern – Ensures accurate sound for recording and streaming
- Class-A JFET Electronics – Provides studio quality sound quality with rich harmonic audio
The mic has a 100 Hz low cut filter which reduces rumbles from the background and increases clarity producing a clear and crisp sound. Its sound quality is crisp and rich.
– The USB audio interfaces, XLR connections and mixers work in great association with each other.
– Customized, cardioid condenser with wide diaphragm capsule for more details, and focused audio.
– Brilliant quality harmonic sound is yielded by the Class-A JFET devices of Blue.
-Low cut filter of frequency 100Hz boosts clarity, and cancels background noises from the surroundings.
– Pad of -20dB removes all distortion from stream during intense sounds
- Item Weight 3.51 pounds
- Product Dimensions 4.92 x 4.72 x 11.61 inches
Features & details
- Custom Three-Capsule Array: Produces clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound for YouTube, game streaming, podcasting, Zoom calls and music.
- Blue VO!CE Software: Craft the perfect broadcast vocal sound and entertain your audience with enhanced effects, advanced modulation and HD audio samples. Advanced Blue VO!CE is compatible with Yeti, Yeti Nano and Yeti X. To access Blue VOCE, please download Logitech’s free G HUB software.
- Four Pickup Patterns: Flexible cardioid, omni, bidirectional, and stereo pickup patterns allow you to record in ways that would normally require multiple mics.
- Onboard Audio Controls: Headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and mic gain put you in charge of every level of the recording and streaming process.
- Unique Positionable Design: Adjust and pivot the microphone in relation to the sound source to optimize your sound quality.
This mic is very good when used for interviews, podcasting, musical instruments, vocals, voice-over, conference calls, and field recordings. It has a mute button and zero latency. It has multiple pattern selection like cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional and stereo. It has three condenser capsules and can record anywhere and in any situation. Can be used for Windows 8 including 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS and needs a RAM of 64 GB.
- Array of tri-capsule – 3 units of capsules condensers for recording audio in all environments.
- Capable of choosing different patterns – stereo, omnidirectional, bidirectional and cardioid.
- Controlling gain, Button for muting, zero-latency headphone yield. Dimensions (extended in stand) : 4.72 x 4.92 x 11.61 inches
- Suitable for vocals, different instruments, podcasts, voiceovers, interview purposes, on-site recordings, conference calls
- Works fine with Windows 10, Windows 8 (as well as 8.1), Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home as well as Professional), and also Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher), and needs a threshold RAM of 64 MB (removing whatever exists and upload)
Blue Spark is definitely a more suitable option for recording professional audio as the quality of the mic is superior and handles SPL with a higher upper limit to provide more clarity and accuracy in the results.