Budget becomes an important concern whenever we plan to buy a new product it is not always possible to target and purchase a random product.
But when it comes to gaming mics, you need to make sure of everything. Thus, you can just pick any cheap microphone that you desire.
For this round up, I’ve made sure of hardware, audio interface, vocal, music recording capabilities (Yes, I did it!) so that you can get one of the best gaming microphones in your desired budget.
So, What’s the #1 of the best budget microphones for gaming currently?
The best budget microphone for gaming is the HyperX SoloCast and because of the tap to mute gaming sensor and a gamer friendly build.
You can use it across various gaming consoles such as PS4 and PS5.
Plus, it’s affordable so a lot of streamers use it widely on Twitch, YouTube, and on Discord. There’s a lot more to it, and I’ve discussed it below, so read it out as well.
At the end of this list, you will find a guide that will help you with the features that you can look for and the different types of gaming mics that are being used currently.
The list is made in a way that it covers most budgets, making it affordable for all.
Let’s check out the list:
Best Budget Microphones for Gaming
HyperX SoloCast: Best Budget USB Microphone For Gaming
This Unidirectional Cardioid microphone keeps everything effortless for the game lovers, so that they can easily concentrate on their gaming instead of losing concentration among various settings of the microphone.
The cardioid polar pattern improves the sound pickup system of the mic, thereby blocking the background and multiple noisy sounds.
The gaming mic also comes with a USB connection and a good frequency response range that is fit for human ears. Not just this, you can use the Mute button to instantly mute any unwanted sound.
The construction of the microphone is not very fashionable and trendy but it has got a classic look which looks pretty standard and decent. This is a plug and play device which can be connected and used instantly without including much hassle.
Granted many gamers may miss the RGB lighting but when it comes to audio recording and recording music, it’s one of the best gaming microphone you can get near a budget of $50 (or even doubled).
If you’ve used the QuadCast Mic, you will find that this one sounds nearly identical to QuadCast Mic, which is almost double the price this one comes at.
It is perfect for you if your are not feature hungry and your needs are mainly streaming games to an audience on platforms like YouTube, Twitch and Discord.
Warning: This is a USB microphone, so if you are planning to use it with an Android Phone or iOS while gaming, it may not work. IDEAL for use with USB supported gaming consoles.
- It has a decent look
- The microphone is compact and portable
- It has mute button
- The frequency response rate is ideal for human ears
- The unidirectional cardioid pattern suits almost everyone’s need including gamers.
- It is the plug and play device
- Offers a good mic stand
Razer Seiren Mini: Best Looking Budget Gaming Microphone
If you are not concerned much about the specs and features of a microphone and you just need a microphone that is having tempting and attractive looks, Razer Seiren Mini.
Microphones come with various popping colors that grab your eyes and attention at once.
I cannot appreciate the features of this microphone much, though the mic is affordable. For similar price, you can get better and upgraded features in some other gaming mics.
But, when it comes to build and the construction, this one’s hard to beat.
Still, this is a Super Cardioid microphone that records powerful audios. It does not miss out on a micro USB connection and a frequency response rate1 that is good for human ears.
Over all, this is a very beautiful and colorful capsule that you would love to bag. Such a lightweight and portable microphone is easy to carry wherever you want.
- The microphone comes with wearing colors
- The construction of the microphone is very attractive
- This is a lightweight and portable microphone
- It has a frequency response that is suitable for human ears
Blue Yeti Nano
Out of all the blue microphones I’ve (they are down the line) reviewed in this article, the Blue Yeti Nano is my personal favorite.
In fact I’ve used it across several games including World of Warcraft, CS:GO, Fortnite and many more, and not once I’ve faced any problem with this one. It’s blue’s best creation for Recording and Streaming under a budget of $100.
Blue Yeti Nano microphone is a supreme quality microphone that is equipped with Cardioid and Omnidirectional polar pattern that produces brilliant audio quality.
The highly sensitive capsule does not pick up background noise and the frequency response is ideally set between 20 hertz to 20k Hertz, which perfectly falls under human Audible range.
There is not much you can do with this gaming mic. It just comes with a volume knob which helps with the added features like the Mute button and Headphone volume control as per your requirement. Sweet, Of course, but not over packed with features (but has all the necessary ones).
However, whatever the gaming mic packs, is more than enough for the said budget and it rightly does what it should do.
The microphone features zero latency monitoring which further increases the compatibility of the microphone for gaming. Who likes delays after all, isn’t it?
The Blue Yeti microphone records clear and powerful sound quality and helps a better communication between two gamers.
- The frequency response rate of the microphone is perfect
- It comes with a mute button
- The headphone volume control is useful for gamers
- Records a clear and refined audio quality
- Allows good communication
- It has cardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns
JLab Audio Talk GO (Maximum Features)
JLab Audio Talk GO is quite a renowned mic among traveling bloggers who look for affordable choices in the market.
But, that’s not it.
Many budding gamers, use it. And that’s the reason why it’s on this list.
This microphone comes with a suitable frequency response and a good recording sample rate of 96khz- making it a smart choice for beginners.
Most importantly the microphone features a tripod stand that helps you place it safely during use. Thus, when live streaming games or even playing with your friends, this tripod will help you a lot.
The polar pattern that the mic supports are Cardioid and Omnidirectional patterns. Basically, these help the mic to pick up sounds from all directions.
The sound quality is clear and does not fade away.
Initially I did not expect this condenser mic to behave this well with a slim body and just double condensers but the mic has got good enough audio quality.
Young gamers who are tight on their budget can easily purchase the microphone without having to invest a lot of money.
- Affordable & Quality choice
- The microphone has a clear audio quality
- The microphone supports cardioid and omnidirectional polar pattern
- The microphone comes with a stand to hold it in place
Not every one likes USB mics sitting on their desk. So, this one is designed for people looking for a way out of the USB mics.
Zalman Zm-Mic1 is a very innovatively designed compact mic that has attracted many users. The size of the mic could be very small and you can easily fix it to your gaming headset.
I appreciate the sound production of this microphone that instantly picks up sounds from various directions.
In fact the capsule of the mic is so sensitive that it tends to pick up even background noise which might be a little problematic for users.
Just a Heads UP: If you are planning on using them, you should know that it tends to pick up the tiniest details possible. So, avoid it when using Speakers.
To secure it you can use a Fur or Foam protection. Additional mini clips that come along with the mic help you attach the mic to a suitable place where you can rest it. What we like the most is the compact and portable design of the microphone.
Don’t expect a lot, as it just costs under $10, but for the price you pay, it’s worth it.
- Highly sensitive capsule
- This is a very compact and portable microphone
- It comes with mini clips which can be used to clip it on
- Affordable and user-friendly microphone
Samson Go Mic: Best Cheap Microphone for Gaming
You must have heard many gamers often talking about Samson Go Mic. This is because of the clear audio that it transfers. This mic is best suited for games that require simultaneous communicating.
I hardly expect microphones (this affordable) to have such quality of audio. You can use this microphone for YouTube and blogging. Streamers also tend to use this one a lot.
This Condenser mic uses USB output to make it compatible for other devices that you use.
Moreover the Samson mic is a plug and play device which you can simply connect and start using which makes this most suitable for gaming. We love the design of the microphone which allows you to place it safely on the tabletop while playing your favorite game.
- The microphone can be safely please on the table while playing games
- It has a compact and lightweight design
- The microphone comes with a USB connection
- It has a clear audio quality
- Good for games that require communicating between two or more players
Blue Snowball USB Microphone
This beast has got lovely build and features that you just can’t let go of. Especially, when it comes to gaming this microphone, this is the ultimate favorite of Genius Gamers.
Blue Snowball USB Microphone does not only come under an affordable price range, but it also features some ideal specs that are important for gaming freaks.
The mic is good at delivering crystal clear sound and it is equally good at recording a sound with enough clarity. The USB output makes it fully compatible with a PC or Laptop.
The mic beautifully masters the art of picking up sounds from all directions. And how can we miss on it’s durable construction! It is a super convenient mic because it comes with a mini tripod stand that helps you place the mic comfortably while using it.
- This is a reliable microphone for gaming
- It comes at reasonable price
- The frequency response rate is is ideal for human ears
- The microphone comes with a mini tripod stand
- It has a clear sound quality
Audio-Technica ATR2500 has made some best uses of Technology and designed a microphone capable of picking up all the minor sounds that are produced near it.
It has a Condenser that can be used by people who play games and it requires communication between two players. You can talk to your fellow partner and play the game at the same time with an amazing audio quality.
The most important factor of a microphone is its ability to ignore the background sound or hiss noise. This microphone is capable of doing exactly the same giving you a clear communication.
You get other additional features such as control buttons that allow you to control the volume of the mic as per your needs. Besides you also get a built in Headphone jack along with a USB output that makes it suitable for various purposes.
One thing that you need to take care of, is that the mic is not having a very strong and sturdy build and the handling requires being a bit cautious. If you can do that, it makes the microphone perfectly fit to be the best budget microphone for gaming.
- A reliable product
- The price of the microphone is reasonable
- It has a strong audio quality
- It features a Headphone jack
- It has a clear sound quality
Blue Yeti: Best Budget Gaming Mic For PC
If there is one affordable mic that is used by most Youtubers, Gamers, Music lovers and more or less all other kinds of uses, then it is Blue Yeti USB Microphone.
It is a premium looking compact and slim microphone and the size of the microphone is likely to misguide people who may doubt it’s audio quality.
But honestly speaking, this is a powerful mic that has a versatile audio quality. You’re going to love the tiny capsule and its sensitive condenser that helps this mic pick up sounds from every possible direction.
This is the Mic flaunting multiple patterns with the help of which it can function as Omnidirectional, Bidirectional and Cardioid mic.
The sound quality remains refined and Blue Yeti does not miss out on small facilities like the Mute button or Zero Latency headphone jack.
- The microphone has Mute button
- It features Zero Latency mode
- Worth the investment product
- It has a powerful sound quality
- The microphone has Omni directional bi directional and cardioid functions
Blue 1967 Yeti Pro
This limited edition blue Yeti 1967 microphone has a range of beautiful specs and overwhelming use of Technology which makes it a unique microphone under an affordable budget.
This is not an outdated microphone that has a boring look, rather it has stylish design and strong build.
The mic is capable of capturing sounds from multiple directions with multiple patterns developed in it. It serves as Omnidirectional, Bidirectional and even Stereo microphone.
This mic is also a favorite of some singers because it has the ability to transform human voice into HD quality. Professionals from various fields have used this mic as a worth money product. It features a Headphone jack with Zero Latency which is one of the most important things that you look for.
You also have a Cutting – Edge area Converter to improve the quality of the recording. This feature specially comes in use of fresh youtubers.
Besides all these you get other mini features like the Mute button, and volume control button that controls the overall sound system. This is a good gaming mic under a price range that does not require you to break your bank.
- This is a study microphone for gaming
- This is a complete value for money product
- The audio quality is refined and Powerful
- The microphone features mute and volume control buttons
- It can act as omni-directional, bi-directional and stereotype microphone.
This was all for the product list and I do understand if you are still confused about your pick. I have an informative guide to help you buy a product that matches your needs and interests.
Here are some important factors that you should look for while purchasing and affordable microphone for gaming.
- Lightweight: The first thing that you should look for is a lightweight construction of a gaming microphone. A compact and lightweight microphone takes up less space on your table or in your bag. Such microphones are good for traveling and maintenance too.
- Sturdy build: One thing that bothers the users is the durability of the product. This is why I’ve focused so much on a durable construction so hard in this article. The build of the microphone decides whether it is durable or not. A sturdy and strong manufacturing will help the microphone function reliably for a longer time. On the other hand a fragile and fancy microphone does not last you long.
- Background sound protection: This feature may or may not be present in a mic. In case you do not get a Fur Coating Or A Foam Coating that protects the capsule of your mic and helps it block the background noise while recording the sounds, you may purchase it externally. Such coatings provide protection to your mic and the mic does not record unnecessary sound from the background.
- Frequency response rate: The frequency response rate of a microphone should be ideally between 20 To 20000 Hertz. This range is audible to human ears and works perfect for gaming microphones.
- Store case: You should invest in a storing case of a microphone where you can rest the microphone after using it. You can either use the storing case that comes with the microphone that you purchase or you can invest in a separate one. This protects the mic from external damages and increases its longevity.
What is the Best Budget XLR microphone for gaming?
I have not added any XLR microphones on the list, because not many gamers tend to use it. If you are still looking for one, the sE Electronics X1, is currently the best pick.
What are the most commonly used microphones in the market?
Microphones come with different polar patterns. A certain arrangement of polar patterns is going to form a certain type of microphone.
Let us check different arrangements of Polar patterns and analyze what types of microphones they form which are generally used by the people.
- Cardioid: Cardioid microphone focuses on the front source of sound. These types of microphones are pretty much suitable for every use and hence they are called all rounder microphone.
- Bidirectional: Bidirectional microphones are used in interviews and they focus only on the front and back source of audio.
- Omnidirectional: Round table conferences take place with Omnidirectional microphones. These microphones are capable of recording sounds from every direction.
Apart from these we have special mics used for satellite and solo performances of singers.
Hope you found the article helpful in selecting your budget gaming microphone. I’ve also reviewed various other mics and round ups on my site, be sure to check them out too.